Your Role Demands Different Skills than Average Negotiators – What are those distinctions and how do you avoid drifting back into your default negotiation style? What can you learn from other leaders about negotiation and how can you implement new skills when negotiating in the myriad of contexts required by your executive role? Drawing from a broad array of situations and historical figures, we will uncover key negotiation skills employed by other leaders, evaluate power and bargaining power uses and abuses, and examine 4 areas of persuasion essential for every Executive Negotiator. This hands-on, interactive workshop will deliver practical, relevant and timely tools you can use today for greater success at the bargaining table.
You will learn:
- Important distinctions between Average Negotiators and Executive Negotiators in the workplace.
- 4 Natural Negotiation Styles and how to move beyond your style and intentionally negotiate as an Executive.
- What key negotiation skills are employed by other leaders throughout history and how to adopt them when negotiating laterally and vertically in your organization.
- The difference between Power and Bargaining Power and how to use both without abusing either – preserving good will with all people in your sphere of influence.
- The “Power of the E.X.E.C.” acrostic outlining 4 areas of persuasion to leverage when negotiating as a leader inside and outside your organization.
Author of The Negotiation Table: Everyone’s Guide to Everyday Negotiations, and Founder, Negotiation Training 360